Mulberry Middle School, partnered with Polk State College, will be offering a program called Educational Talent Search to students in grades 6-8. Educational Talent Search is a TRIO program that helps students achieve academic excellence and reach educational goals. Educational Talent Search is a federally funded early intervention program designed to provide students with the necessary skills and preparation needed to excel academically. The goal of Educational Talent Search is to prepare students to be admitted to and succeed in college.
The components of Educational Talent Search focus on providing students:
- Academic Advising
- Career Shadowing
- College Application Assistance
- College and University Tours
- Cultural Enrichment Field Trips
- Decision Making/Goal Setting
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Parent and Student Workshops
- SAT/ACT waivers
- Rigorous High School Curriculum
- Social Skills Development
- Test-Taking Skills
What you will need to apply: Application
- A completed application, both sides
- A copy of applicant’s Social Security Card
- A copy of applicant’s recent report card or transcripts
- A copy of last year’s Income Tax form (1040, 1040A, 1040-EZ, etc.) or a letter verifying income if on SSI, SSD, TANF, SNAP, or other source of income.
For further information, please contact Mr. Lasseter or Mrs. Pate at Mulberry Middle School (863-701-1066), or by e-mailing Mr. Mark Culver at (firstname.lastname@example.org).